Our Global Organic Latex Standard Certification
The Global Organic Latex Standard (GOLS) is a materials and processing standard for organic latex foam. These standards ensure that products contain more than 95% of certified organic raw material. Our Latex produced by Latex Green is GOLS certified organic (CU813274 by Control Union). This recognizes the organic status of latex from harvesting the raw materials, through environmentally and socially responsible manufacturing, assembly and into your bed!
Our Global Organic Textile Standard Certification
"Better for you and better for the people who grow and produce it."
Our organic cotton used in our pillow liners is certified to the Global Organic Textile Standard (CU1085130). The Global Organic Textile Standard (GOTS) is the global standard for organic fibers, including ethical, ecological and social criteria, backed up by independent certification of the entire textile supply chain.
Our Carbon Neutral Certification
To minimize the effects of climate change, we all need to significantly reduce our reliance on fossil fuels and greenhouse gas emissions. PAS 2060 is the only internationally recognized standard to verify a company's carbon neutralized achievements on operations and products. Control Union provides verification of a products carbon footprint and the measures taken to reduce carbon emissions.
OEKO TEX Certification
Our organic certified Latex, TENCEL, Silk and organic cotton liners have received STANDARD 100 by OEKO-TEX®: Class 1 certification which is suitable for babies and toddlers (Certification # BJ025 120752). These are strict standards for human and ecological safety. That means they've been tested in a lab to be safe from allergenic dyes, pesticides, chlorinated phenols, heavy metals, formaldehyde, and chloro-organic carriers and many more that could be harmful to humans.
Sustainable Furnishings Council
"Sustainable" or "environmentally-safe" or "eco-friendly" products are made and distributed in ways that protect our planet. SFC members are dedicated to raising awareness and expanding the adoption of environmentally sustainable practices. Our Latex manufacturer is a SFC member who supports best practices through the supply chain.
USDA Organic /National Organic Program
Our natural materials — organic latex and organic cotton — are GOTS and GOLS certified. These highest of standards are fully endorsed by the USDA's National Organic Program.
Our partner factory is one of the select few who meet the rigorous standards as verified by Control Union® to manufacture certified organic products.
The above GOTS and GOLS standards are endorse by the USDA’s National Organic Program.
Organic products certified to the USDA organic or European Union (EU) organic standards mean they are represented as organic in both countries.
Our Organic Latex is certified EU organic. This certification gives a coherent visual identity to European Union produced organic products. This logo can only be used on products when they contain at least 95% organic ingredients and additionally respect further strict conditions for the remaining 5%.
USDA BioBased Product
Our TENCEL™ Lyocell pillowcases and liners are produced from wood pulp from sustainably managed sources, a renewable resource. They have earned United States Department of Agriculture (USDA) BioPreferred® designation.
Forestry Stewardship Council
Lenzing, the producer of the TENCEL™ lyocell fibres used on our pillowcases and liner has FSC certification. This ensures that products come from responsibly managed forests that provide environmental, social and economic benefits.
TÜV Austria Belgium NV
Derived from nature, TENCEL™ Lyocell has been certified by TÜV Austria Belgium NV as biodegradable and compostable under industrial, home, soil and marine conditions, thus they can fully revert back to nature.
This means that our pillowcases and liners are biodegradable in the ground as well as in sea water and are compostable both on an industrial basis and in the household.
Fairtrade Textile Production
FAIRTRADE lists USDA Organic products which include our Organic Latex as well as Lenzing’s TENCEL fibers as fibers manufactured under responsible conditions.